CEFPI supports meaningful research projects investigating the relationship between school facilities and student performance and behavior. Research projects are funded through the CEFPI Foundation & Charitable Trust through its Foundation Center for Research. The Foundation Center for Research endeavors to add to and improve the body of knowledge relating to learning environments and best practices of educational facility planning.
The Foundation invites research proposals dealing with issues concerning Where Children Learn™. The emphasis of each proposal shall be on the impact of variables in the physical environments on student behavior, attitudes and learning outcomes; and/or the physical environment's influence on teacher behavior, attitudes and performance. The Foundation also encourages research partnerships with businesses and associations.
Recent Projects Funded by the Foundation Center for Research
- Prototype School Designs: Can Prototypes Be Used Successfully?
- Investment in School Infrastructure
- The Impact of Renovations on Student Success
- Study of the Relationship Between Air Conditioned Classrooms and Student Achievement
- Architectural Patterns for the Integration of Alternative Pedagogical Models and Learning Technologies
- Educational Facilities Planning: A Systems Model
- Partnerships for Joint Use: Expanding the Use of Public School Infrastructure to Benefit Students and Communities